Youth Network for Community and Sustainable Development (YNCSD) is the leading advocacy group of all youth bodies working to end all forms of harmful traditional practices in Nigeria. The Youth Network for Community and Sustainable Development is a movement catalysing social change by engaging young people and amplifying their voices to speak for Human Rights, through targeted advocacy to key players, capacity building and development, communications and media engagements, partnerships and program implementation. We also work on other sexual and reproductive health and rights issues, Governance and Environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Assistant / Assistant to the CEO
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Duration: 3 months
Proposed Start Date: September 2020.
- The temporary Programme Assistant will support the organisation across her Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights portfolio including flagship projects such as SMEL, INSPIRE and INDIGO.
They will also:
- Assist assigned managers and team members by maintaining calendars, receiving and composing communications such as correspondence and replies to inquiries;
- Handle preparations, scheduling, logistics, and other various requirements for domestic and international travel;
- Draft contracts, budgets, and donor reports with direction from manager;
- Process financial documents including contracts, expense reports, invoices, etc.; write routine reports and correspondence, and assist with the development of project / program materials.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Build relationships with strategic partners for policy and programme
- Identify and build relationships with development agencies, policy and local CBOs that are critical to delivering organisational objectives and programmes
- Establish and maintain relationships with key contacts in strategic partner organizations
- Represent the organisation at relevant networks, workshops, seminars and policy events
- Contract management and reporting
- Coordinate overall programme portfolio to ensure key performance indicators are met and programme impact is in line with strategy
- Work closely with the communications team to share information about programme portfolio, pipeline, specific projects and programme impact
- Support sharing of information between Abuja based Team and field offices
- Programme policy development
- Contribute to strategic planning within the Programme Team, including annual and medium-term planning and monitoring.
- Manage contracts with institutional funders
- Develop ideas and projects for formal collaboration with targeted development agencies, policy, and research organisations.
- Securing project funding from institutional funders
- Identify and track emerging opportunities through the fund-raising strategy and action plan
- Contribute to design and development of project proposals
- Draft technical and financial proposals to secure funding
- Manage associate consultant contributions to proposal development
- Support the development of state-level programming, including servicing and supporting contracts
- Manage and coordinate scheduled reporting to meet institutional donor reporting requirements
- Work with the Finance and Admin staff to ensure financial information is up to date, variances are identified and recommendations for action made
- Develop and manage specifically commissioned and funded monitoring and evaluation initiatives both qualitative and quantitative
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree level in development or related subject with 1-2 years work experience
Knowledge / Skills:
- Good IT and report writing skills
- Demonstrable understanding of issues related to international development and Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights
- Knowledge of SRHR and adolescent health
The successful person should meet the following criteria:
- Developing budgets and grant monitoring system
- Experience of working in an NGO (national or international)
- Facilitation of organizational learning
- Capacity to conceptualize programme interventions
- Comfortable planning and delivering multiple activities under strict deadlines and high levels of precision
- Able to communicate complex issues in a concise, accessible and engaging way
- Able to work as part of a team in a co-operative and supportive way
N50,000 – N65,000 / Month (Negotiable)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send an Application Letter stating their motivation and the skills that you would bring to this position along with your Resume / CV by email to: email@example.com with “Application for the Position of a Programme Assistant” as subject of the email.
Note: Application Documents must be in English
Application Deadline 21st September, 2020.