WeeTracker (WT) is on a mission to build an independent, credible and a new kind of journalistic media company focussed on African Businesses, Startups & Economy. WT is a subscription-centric journalism product and is looking out for B2B Sales specialists in the team.
The role involves a mixture of tele & email sales. Success in this position will be measured against personal targets.
Required Skills / Experience
- Knowledge of the startup, VC/PE Industry
- Established track record of success in sales (both face to face and telephone).
- Must be able to make multiple sales calls to both identify and contact key decision makers and to close deals by telephone, email and in person.
- Ability to present to clients / prospects at all levels.
- Ability to create and maintain efficient customer and prospect sales data and reports.
- Experience in attending conferences and trade shows, working meeting rooms and developing rapport with prospects.
- Excellent general communication skills.
- Key account management experience of sizeable and demanding clients and the ability to work closely with the editorial team.
- Self-motivated – prepared to act on own initiative.
- Ability to conduct research and review extensive prospect / customer data sources to affect active cross-sell opportunities.
- Foreign language skills (French) are not required but would be an advantage.
- Background / experience in selling to the financial services industry would be preferred.