QED is a global consulting firm with more than 20 years of experience providing data-driven and insightful solutions in close to 100 countries. We are passionate about transforming lives through knowledge-based solutions. Leveraging deep expertise in monitoring, evaluation, global health, and learning, we help our clients collect, analyze, visualize, and ultimately use data in more effective ways. Our work maximizes results through the use of cutting-edge technologies and innovation, organizational development, and evidence-based decision-making.
Project And Position Description
The QED Group is seeking a MEL Sector Specialist candidate for the upcoming USAID-funded Nigeria Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Activity. This position will be full time and based in Abuja, Nigeria for an anticipated implementation period of five years
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Support Activity is a five-year activity to assist USAID/Nigeria in advancing its broader organizational learning and development efforts. This will be accomplished by further strengthening the Mission’s capacity and performance in programmatic monitoring, evaluation, learning, collaborating, and adapting. The MEL Support activity will closely align with USAID/Nigeria’s new Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) to be launched in the summer/fall of 2020. The MEL Support activity will provide a broad range of specialized technical assistance, training, data gathering and analysis, field-based monitoring, evaluations and assessments, facilitation of organizational learning and
adaptation initiatives, and short-term technical assistance.
This position is contingent on QED being awarded this project.
The MEL Sector Specialist – Education’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support monitoring and evaluation planning, design, and implementation processes for the MEL Activity.
- Support the design, dissemination, implementation and supervision of new methodologies for the USAID/Nigeria mission and its implementing partners.
- Collect and process quantitative and qualitative data to support internal and external source data management
- Collaboratively develop strategies to creatively incorporate data, analytics, and data visualization into various content and product delivery
- Coordinate knowledge capturing, sharing, and strategic learning
- Plan, write, edit, format, and produce content for reports, events, success stories, and other communication products
- In collaboration with other MEL activity staff, plan and implement dissemination activities for sharing research results, other program assessments, and findings of monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Guarantee the quality of MEL activity deliverables.
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief of Party or designated supervisor.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in economics, public policy, political science, public health, international development, or social science that emphasizes research methods. Masters preferred.
- Minimum of five years of experience managing monitoring, evaluation and learning activities for donor-funded mechanisms, preferably with USAID experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience and expertise in the education field.
- Minimum of five years of experience in applying mixed methods evaluation approaches, conducting field-based and third-party monitoring of development programming and/or conducting applied research. Experience with the Monitor® system preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct field work in non-permissive environments, areas with hardship conditions, remote areas, and conflict-affected areas for extended periods of time.
- Advanced knowledge of statistical analysis and software such as STATA, NVIVO, etc.
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, verbal and written communication, presentation and facilitation skills. Ability to manage team of consultants a plus.
- Fluency in English, written and spoken; fluency in Hausa, Yoruba, or languages native to Nigeria desired.
- Professional experience in Nigeria and Nigerian citizens preferred.
To apply for this position please follow the following steps:
- Complete the online application.
- Attach your resume/CV.
- Click on this link to complete a USAID Biodata/1420 form, fill out the form, sign it, and attach/upload it to your application.
- You may also include other documents such as cover letter and/or a work sample.
- Submit your application, resume/CV, completed biodata, and any additional documents.
Please note that applications submitted by other means; or without either a resume/CV and/or biodata may not be considered. Only finalists will be contacted; no phone calls please.
A submitted application to QED in response to a position on a bid or proposal, indicates your agreement to be included in our submission to the client at least on an illustrative named basis.
The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. AA/V/D. Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.