Administrative Assistant at Palladium
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Nigeria
Project Overview and Role
The Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) appointed Palladium as the Supplier to deliver the UK Support for Health in Nigeria – Lafiya contract. Lafiya will be delivered at the federal level, as well as with a focus on targeted states (Borno, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano and Yobe) with activities tailored for each specific state instead of a “one size fits all” approach. The programme will run for an initial term of up to 7 years from February 2020 to finish by January 2027 (subject to availability of funding and other approvals by the Client).
The objective of the Lafiya contract is to improve health outcomes for the poorest and most vulnerable in Nigeria. In April 2021 FCDO re-prioritised and reduced its Oversees Development Assistance (ODA) globally and affected the support to Nigeria with changes on the three interlinked outcomes to two new intermediated outcomes which align with the new priorities in Nigeria: eliminating preventable maternal and new-born deaths and improving access to C-19 vaccine and strengthened health security, as well as contributing to improving enrolment and retention of adolescent girl child in school These outcomes will be achieved through a “joined-up, One-Team” delivery of the following outputs:
- Output 1 Health security preparedness and resilience capacity improved for timely crisis response in targeted states.
- Output 2 Efficiency and effectiveness of PHC system improved in targeted LGAs of 5 Lafiya States.
- Output 3 Increased demand for and utilization of Basic Minimum Package of Health Services (BMPHS) including Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) for adolescents, & Early Child Development (ECD) services in targeted LGAs
- Output 4 Citizen awareness of health entitlements increased, and civil society advocacy strengthened for increased investment in health.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Reporting to the State Finance and Administration Coordinator (FACO), the Administrative Assistant will assist in the office administration managing logistics and financial management of the Lafiya programme at the State level.
- The Administrative Assistant will support the administrative and facility functions of Lafiya for timely and effective implementation of project’s work.
- S/he will support the coordination of Lafiya transport and logistics services for all project activities at the state level. S/he will be responsible for booking accommodation for all staff and consultants visiting their state for project activities.
The Administrative Assistant shall be responsible for
- Follow Lafiya administrative guidelines and support smooth operations at the state office in liaison with the Lafiya Programme head office.
- Support the review of existing administrative systems and procedures.
- Supervise and provide guidance/ support to ancillary office staff such as drivers, cleaners and security guards. Where the function is outsourced, provide operational support to the FACO to ensure agreed deliverables are satisfactorily met.
- Supervise the office administration and logistics in the absence of the FACO.
- Act as the Safety & Security Focal Person (SSFP) for the state office. Ensure that temporary duty visitors are received/accompanied at/to the airport, have safe and adequate transportation and accommodation during their stay.
- Under the guidance of the FACO, lead on the provision of required administrative support for all Lafiya events and programme implementation activities in the state.
- Support in preparing monthly progress report which seeks to point out closed, outstanding and new issues for all field offices.
- Proactively identify and communicate exceptional issues to supervisor for technical assistance and further directives.
- Contribute to promoting a respectful workplace culture within the state team.
- Ensure office equipment and facilities are in good working condition at all times.
- Ensure optimum inventory quantities, by coordinating regular inventory checks, avoiding stock outs and timely ordering of supplies.
- Support the FACO to carry out Quarterly assets’ verification and monthly reporting of assets condition.
- Assist in maintenance of fixed assets register by updating asset register in line with Lafiya Programme Operations Manual.
- Assist in vendor contract management processes, including but not limited to monitoring deliverables, custody of related documentation, timely renewals etc.
- Ensure the proper use, maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment, such as generators, vehicles, communication, computer units and peripherals, video and audio equipment, other office equipment, and air conditioners and heaters.
- Recharges for prior approved personal and other unofficial usage of Programme assets based on established rates.
- Support the FACO with monthly Vehicle and Generator utilization reporting.
- Alongside the FACO, maintain an up-to-date register of preferred vendors and conduct periodic performance evaluation of same.
- Contribute to ensuring full compliance with established logistics guidance and processes for delivery of items to facilities as the case may be.
- Assist in the state team’s procurement processes in line with the Lafiya Programme Operations Manual.
Finance and Accounting Support:
- Assist the FACO in preparation of monthly forecasts and expenditure variance reporting.
- Provide initial review of all invoices/payment requests and initiate timely action in line with Project procedures/processes towards processing such payments.
- Support the FACO in administering project activity/staff travel advances.
- Provide effective cover in the event of the absence of the FACO from duty.
- Preparation of weekly Field Vouchers for review and final submission by the FACO.
- Manage the State Team’s Petty Cash ensuring cash is safely stored, discrepancies corrected and reconciled at all times, make bank deposits.
- University Degree or its equivalent in Business Administration, Accounting, Project Management or Social Sciences.
- Ability to prioritise and manage a variety of activities with attention to detail.
- Basic level skills in Microsoft Office Suite, and comfortable in a Windows PC environment.
- Verifiable office management and administration experience.
- Excellent cross-cultural communication and interpersonal skills demonstrated by ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff, clients and consultants.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply