Client Desk Banker at Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL)
Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL) was incorporated in Nigeria on May 2, 1984 and the oldest international bank in the country. It provides a wide range of financial products and services to corporate and commercial customers, financial institutions and public sector organizations. It offers deposit and loan products, global transaction services, cash management, sales and trading, corporate finance and investment banking products.
The company was formerly known as Nigeria International Bank Ltd and changed its name to Citibank Nigeria in 2008. Today it employs about 300 people and operates 12 branches in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Warri, Kano, Bonny, Aba, Lanlate and Ososa. As at December 31, 2016, it had over NGN 600 billion in total assets. Citibank Nigeria is owned by Citibank Overseas Investment Corporation, a subsidiary of Citibank N.A. (USA).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Client Desk Banker
Job Req ID: 21334107
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Category: Institutional Banking
Job Family Group: Institutional Banking
Job Family: Corporate Banking
- The Client Desk RM will be responsible for a portfolio of Global Subsidiaries based in Nigeria.
- The focus of this role is to protect existing revenues, exit non-profitable relationships, and originate net new revenues from the full suite of ICG products.
- Strengthen the client relationship by working closely with product partners across ICG.
- Key client contact point & ultimately responsible for all aspects of the relationship with the customer, including revenue generation, sales and service provision, compliance, and risk management.
- Direct responsibility for driving the GSG portfolio and elevating the presence of Citi and GSG within the country through disciplined calling, client events, and encouraging the outside Citi network to focus on your client base.
- Partner with PAM teams, Risk, service organization, product, and sales teams to achieve the best solutions for a portfolio of clients.
- Enhance collaboration across product and customer groups. Partner with product specialists to drive overall client satisfaction, build client loyalty, and respond to client escalation issues.
- Understand the dynamics of the local financial markets, banking industry, and regulatory environment.
- Know your competition and be able to provide critical input to win transactions.
- Manage client’s expectations and effectively engage in difficult discussions with clients.
- Prospect new clients and acquire new business from these clients building up local/regional relationships.
- Ensure we are fully connected with all compliance and risk management policies.
- Improve knowledge of clients’ needs from information sharing, and regular client calling programs.
- Experience working within a cross-regional SSA team that allows for building network relationships outside of the country base.
- Prospect of moving into complex RM role after a couple of years
- Opportunity to be part of a highly visible strategic initiative for GSG
- Ownership of target market portfolio and being successful in a highly competitive market.
- Professional Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Economics or equivalent work experience.
- Master’s Degree in Finance or Business Administration a plus.
Knowledge / Experience:
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in banking or financial services with client management and/or sales responsibilities.
- Knowledge of banking products (TTS, FX, CPM).
- Strong knowledge of financial statement analysis and financial math.
- Knowledge of Citi risk and compliance policies and procedures
- Knowledge of Citi systems.
- Proactive and positive attitude.
- Disciplined, highly organized, and self-motivated.
- Highly accurate worker with a high level of attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and sales skills.
- Ability to manage and solve problems and conflicts.
- Strong leadership and influence skills.
- Respect for Compliance and Controls.
- Able to perform under pressure and work to deadlines.
- Results and service-oriented.
- Very strong interpersonal skills, required to work in a highly demanding teamwork environment. Be a complete “team player”.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran