Team Member, Investigations & Fraud Management at The United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Member, Investigations & Fraud Management
- Investigation of Fraud and Forgeries to identify incident root causes, internal control gaps and failure points and to proffer solutions/recommendations to prevent reoccurrence and exposure to corporate liability, sanctions and litigations.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Conduct Investigation and Issue Reports, with follow up for Implementation of Approved Recommendations.
- Conduct prompt investigation on frauds and forgeries, customers’ complaints, process & services failures, Whistle blowing complaint and other cases; and ensure that the cases are dispensed within set deadlines.
- Request for Management (H, I &FM, GCIA/EMC) approval of recommendations
- Forward approved reports to CFC, HCM Work Ethics and other responsible departments for implementation of the investigation recommendations.
- Attend Disciplinary Committee (DC) meetings where the consequence management recommended in the report includes arraignment of suspect /indicted staff before the Bank’s Disciplinary Committee (DC) for appropriate disciplinary action.
- Follow up on implementation of Investigations recommendations and other report recommendations with stakeholders.
- Render Periodic Reports of Frauds and Forgeries to Regulatory Authorities and Management
- Compilation and timely rendition of reports on fraud and forgeries to Regulatory Authorities (CBN, NDIC, etc) and other agencies including;
- Weekly activity Report for Lagos & H/O Region for I&FM Group Meeting
- Fraud and Forgery returns to CBN and NDIC (Monthly).
- Armed Robbery incidence to NDIC (Monthly).
- NIBSS for BVN Watch list report (Weekly).
- Review and Respond to Balance confirmation and Account Statement enquiries/ Requests
- Review and respond to External Auditors, Embassies, Security Agencies, other banks, etc requests for balances confirmations, account statement verification and rendition, placement and vacation of restrictions on accounts.
- Respond promptly to and cultivate effective liaison with other banks in relation to issues of frauds, customer complaints and other investigation matters including cases emanating from the Bankers Sub Committee on Ethics and Professionalism.
- And other reports/returns as may be required by the Group Chief Internal Auditor and Regulatory body.
- We are looking for a candidate who has good investigative & analytical skills, excellent written communication skills, able to conduct prompt investigation on frauds and forgeries, customers’ complaints, process & services failures, also carry out Fraud Incident Containment, Fund Salvage etc.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Computer literacy skills.
- Investigative skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the bank’s policies and procedures.
- Good Understanding of the Nigerian Banking Industry.
- Knowledge of CBN’s policies and the business.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 24th December, 2021.