Africa Management Reporting Lead at PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) – Remote
PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria has been operating in Nigeria since 1953 through its predecessor firms of Coopers & Lybrand and Price Waterhouse. We’re one of the leading professional services firms in the country with offices in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt, over 1000 staff and 31 resident partners.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Africa Management Reporting Lead
Employment type: Full-time – Executive
About the Job
- We have an exciting opportunity available for an Experienced Management Reporting Lead across Africa. The position is open to be based at any of the PwC African Offices, however this is NOT a fully remote opportunity, and attendance at the office is required on a hybrid basis.
- This position requires you to plan and coordinate PwC Africa’s budgeting, forecasting and reporting processes, and prepare reports in adherence to procedures and reporting standards for PwC Africa Leadership and PwC global reporting requirements.
- Develop reporting policies and strategy, and advise management accordingly, to guide the Africa management reporting team in implementation and monitoring of this strategy.
- Develop, implement and update financial, cost management and accounting policies, procedures and strategies.
- Drive the adoption of global reporting standards and maintain adequate knowledge of customization requirements for the different PwC Africa territories.
- Drive continuous improvement of management reporting content, processes and systems.
- Establish and maintain best practice in management reporting matters to ensure that these are conducted in compliance with the relevant country and international statutory requirements.
- Oversee the generation of reports and insights derived from reporting on country specific activities for PwC Africa finance.
- Provide expert insight and direction to PwC Africa operations on all financial matters to ensure decisions are based on data with financial integrity.
- Maintain good relations with and support internal audit and external audit at PwC operations.
- Manage financial forecasts as required by Country and Group management.
- Validate all ledgers for the production of year end trial balances and reports.
- Prepare, review and analyse profit and loss statements and monthly close accounting reports.
- Collate financial information such as cost allocation, resource allocation and utilisation from In-Country Finance Leads to management for decision making.
- Develop an understanding and input into the development of the business’s financial reporting policies and risk management frameworks in order to assess compliance and guide interpretation and training in relevant areas.
- Ensure alignment of process with organisational strategy and take accountability for relevant processes within area of responsibility to ensure delivery and maintenance of standardised processes and controls.
- Minimum of First Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or any related discipline.
- MBA or similar Advanced Degree in a related field is advantageous.
- Relevant professional certifications e.g. CA (SA), CIMA, CPA, ICA, is required
- Minimum 12 years’ relevant experience in a professional services environment, with at least 8 years in a managerial role.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Expert knowledge of the financial reporting systems, controls and processes that operate across business within the business at LoS and Cost Centre level.
- Proficiency with ERP systems (knowledge or previous experience of Oracle).
- Practical and technical knowledge of legal and regulatory issues affecting contracts, financial policies and procedures.
- Ability to liaise with internal and external stakeholders and network widely.
- Expert knowledge of financial modelling and analysis skills.
- Expert knowledge of applicable accounting software.
- Experience in leading, coaching and developing staff.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Closing Date