Automation / Electrical Engineer at UAC Foods Limited
UAC Foods Limited, operating in the food sector of the economy, is a leading producer of snacks, beverages, and ice cream. Our brands include Gala Sausage Roll, Funtime Coconut Chips, Groundnut chips, SWAN Natural Spring Water and Supreme Ice Cream.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Automation / Electrical Engineer
Location: Kerang, Mangu LG – Plateau
Employment Type: Full-time
- Responsible for the installation and commissioning of equipment, planned and unplanned maintenance and repairs, servicing of equipment as per maintenance schedules, rebuilding of equipment, upgrades & modernization of equipment.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Respond to critical shop floor manufacturing issues impacting equipment uptime/OEE and aid technical staff in troubleshooting and repairs.
- Design/update electrical systems and programs for bottling line equipment including HMI, PLCs (TIA Portal) and SCADA’s.
- Produces and/or evaluates possible design solutions to improve cost, quality and performance based on specialized knowledge of engineering applications. This may include possible involvement of other Engineering Managers, OEM’s and technical clients.
- Program, test, and troubleshoot a variety of automation control systems that include AC & DC drives, PLCs, and HMIs.
- Accountable for plant technical history (RCA, FMECA, technical documentations etc)in close collaboration with the Maintenance Manager.
- Drive Electrical safety requirements across distribution equipment, electrical guarding, bonding and grounding, ground fault and earth leakage protection.
- Manage and lead projects, mentor and train automation team leads.
- Analyzes assignments and determines engineering specifications which must be fulfilled for routine problems or projects.
- Experience in Managing Power plants- DG gen sets, solar installations, inverters, sync panels, ATS, combiner boxes etc
- Extensive Utility/facility experience ranging across HP/LP compressors, water treatment plants, centrifugal pumps, chillers, cooling towers and other ancillaries.
Profile and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University in Electrical / Electronics / Automation Engineering / Instrumentation or any related engineering field.
- Minimum of 5 years in Electrical / Automation related job experience.
- FMCG Industry knowledge preferably from a carbonated (CSD) or still manufacturing plant.
- Strong knowledge of Maintenance Management (CMMS, SAP-ERP, etc).
- Industrial instrumentation knowledge, PLCs (S7, TIA Portal, Control Logix), SCADA, data bases, reporting, industrial network, virtualization, etc.
Qualities and Characteristics:
- Maintain effective communication with senior leadership and other stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- Good presentation skills, able to explain technical issues to target groups such as Customer Management, technical and operations teams.
- Able to judge and analyze technical risks with respect to commercial impact and requirements.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 4th April, 2023.