Company Secretary / General Counsel at International Breweries Plc
AB InBev is the world’s leading brewer. We produce over 500 beers, including world-famous brands such as Budweiser, Stella Artois and Corona. Local Africa brands such as Carling Black Label, Hero, Kilimanjaro, 2M, Eagle and we want like-minded, hard-working and passionate people to join our teams in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Company Secretary / General Counsel
Job Ref.: 30001961
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job type: Full-time
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide legal advice to all business functions on wide-ranging matters to help achieve the organization’s business objective
- Drafting of all contract agreement between the Company and prospecting contractors in a manner to ensure strict compliance
- Giving legal opinion on agreement presented to the Company with intention to create legal relationship
- Managing contractual/material arrangements with suppliers/customers
- Custodian of company seal and other company documents/archives
- Ensure that statutory meetings e.g. AGM is held with strict compliance to the provisions of Company and Allied matters Act
- Oversee and ensure prompt reporting of all Statutory and Regulatory Compliances with statutory provisions of the Law and regulation
- Manage Consumer protection and competition advisory engagements
- Manage and coordinate litigation matters and external counsel relationship to protect the company from legal risks
- Acting as bridge between the Company and the police on issues involving the police.
- Ensuring that Board meetings are organized with the strictest compliance to the Company’s memo and Articles of Association
- Directing the Board on the provisions of Companies and Allied Matters Act where the need arises during meetings
- Ensuring that Notices and Agenda for the Board Meetings is prepared and sent to Board members within time
- Writing and Developing Board Meetings
- Keeping the register of members
- Keeping the register of Directors
Qualification & Experience
- Degree in Law with necessary practicing license
- 10 years membership at the Bar
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Computer Literacy
- Sound Knowledge of English
- Swift response to issues of consequence
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as Company Secretary and General Counsel
- Good Knowledge of applicable laws
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- AB InBev is an equal opportunity employer and all appointments will be made in-line with AB InBev employment equity plan and talent requirements. We are a company that promotes gender equality.
- Internal applicants require Line manager approval. Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
- The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/relevant information as criteria for short-listing.
- In accordance with AB InBev duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is safe for of our employees and their families, our customers and visitors, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations, we require all new appointments to be vaccinated as a condition of employment at our company
Application Deadline 16th June, 2022.