Construction Site Manager at Julius Berger Nigeria Plc
Julius Berger Nigeria Plc is one of the largest private employers in Nigeria with a workforce numbering around 10,000 and enjoys an excellent reputation as a reliable partner. It is the parent company of Julius Berger International GmbH based in Wiesbaden. Core skills in Nigeria comprise every phase of a project from planning and construction to the operation and maintenance of construction, infrastructure and industry buildings.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Construction Site Manager (M / F / X)
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- We are looking to recruit you as a full-time Construction Site Manager (Abuja Division) (m/f/x) in Abuja / Nigeria.
- The project involves the demolition of the existing building, carcase construction and turnkey completion, including technical building equipment, exterior and landscaping work.
- This is a modern four (4) story office building with an area of around 7500 square metres. The carcase is made of reinforced concrete using an in situ concrete on flat strip foundations, reinforced concrete walls and columns and flat roofs. The building will be fitted in full with sanitary, fire-fighting, air conditioning, ventilation, elevator, fire alarm, security, electrical and ICT installations.
What duties will you have?
- As site manager, you will be responsible for the construction project and will work hand in hand with the technical office/in-office team.
- You will be responsible for work planning, work preparation and ensuring the quality of the work meets the required standards (as well as work and cost controls).
- You will supervise and manage the foremen and local workers.
- You will be responsible for supervising subcontractor work and the completion and control of all work as set out in the building plans.
- You will be responsible for the compliance of all building work with the contract requirements relating to quality.
- You will monitor and manage the progress of the work and costs.
- You will be responsible for implementing and ensuring compliance with safety standards.
- You will also report to the project manager.
- You will be responsible for the prompt, neat and correct completion of all building work as set out in the building schedule.
What skills must you have?
- You will have a Degree in Building Engineering (Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree, Diploma or equivalent qualification from a polytechnic or technical university) with experience in construction work.
- You will also have at least five years of experience in a similar function and have the appropriate technical competence and expertise.
- Ideally, you will already have worked abroad where you will have gathered some experience.
What can we offer you?
- We have a responsible job waiting for you with very good remuneration and various bonuses, social benefits and low tax burden as well as good training opportunities.
- You will receive an extensive travel package from us. This also includes G35 examinations, inoculations, visas and flights.
- We will provide you with furnished, air-conditioned accommodation in the company’s own camp, which has an infrastructure including sport and leisure facilities, a clubhouse, German and international television programmes, etc.
- If your family wishes to join you, we have our own kindergarten in Abuja and a school which complies with school standards in the States of Hesse and Thuringia.
- We will provide you with a company car and driver and we work with external partners to ensure that you have the best possible security in Nigeria.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply