State Office Admin and Resource Assistant at The British Council
The British Council is the United Kingdom’s international organisation for cultural relations. The British Council creates international opportunities for the people of the UK and other countries and builds trust between them worldwide.
State Office Admin and Resource Assistant
- location: Kano
Contract type: Fixed Term- up till 31 July 2022
- To oversee the resources function in the EU state Programme offices in line with the programme strategy, implementation plan and financial plan and to client and corporate standards.
- The post-holder be Accountable for ensuring that the state office resources/administrative functions support the operations of the state for the EU programmes.
- Handle arrangements for all incoming visitors to the state office including transport and accommodation arrangements
- Assist with the running of the logistical arrangements for all workshops, events and meetings
- All workshop logistical arrangements are in line with agreed standards.
- Procurement of workshop items are in line with procurement policy.
- Maintain appropriate filing system, accountable stationary register and asset register (in liaison with the Facilities & Procurement Manager) so that all contracts, reports and correspondence are filed properly and all stationery and equipment is recorded correctly.
- Liaise with all outside contractors and service suppliers concerning all services/utilities supplied to the state office
- Ensure the state office meets all the British Council’s standards around Health, Safety and Security.
- Carry out basic finance duties as required in the state office in line with British Council policy.
- Assist with the maintenance of regional office IT infrastructures liaising with the IT and Web Support Officer.
The successful candidate will need to possess the following requirements:
- National Diploma level education.
Role specific knowledge and experience:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of working on programme logistics for an international organization.
- Experience of working as part of a successful team/function.
- i yea Experience working with SAP.
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Experience of operating in a complex, multi-cultural context.
- Experience of managing fleet of vehicles.
- Role holder must have existing rights to live and work in the country the role is based.
N5,431,443 per annum.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to British Council on careers.britishcouncil.org to apply