Administrative Officer at Jhpiego
Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Administrative Officer
Position Reports to: Administrative Manager
- The Admin Officer (AO) reports to the Administrative Manager and will be responsible for providing Administrative support to the Administrative Team in Jhpiego office in Abuja.
- The AO will ensure that administrative processes follow Jhpiego, USAID rules and regulations, other applicable approved procedures at all times.
- The AO will be responsible for ensuring cost consciousness, efficiency of administrative operations and maintaining an on-site administrative system required to assure the integrity and effective performance of admin operations.
- Ensure that administration processes run smoothly to support effective and efficient program implementation.
- Responsible for managing and reporting operational usage of vehicle fleet and other facility equipment
- Provide and ensure that all logistics requirements are available for the smooth running of program activities.
- Maintain lease and contract management database and ensure that renewals, extensions, termination processes are promptly initiated and completed
- Support office management and facility management process
- Support fleet management process
- Support planning and coordination of business travels for all country office staff
- Set the standard for compliance with USAID and Jhpiego’s regulations and standards.
- Ensure that all shipments received are properly recorded and ensure that appropriate department is informed of the arrival of each shipment.
- B.Sc. in Business Administration, Public Administration, or relevant field
- Professional Certification in Project Management is an added advantage. Master’s degree is an added advantage
- Minimum of three (3) years demonstrated administrative experience within an international not-for-profit organization.
- Previous experience in a USAID award is highly desired
- Practical understanding and application of donor regulations in large and complex projects is highly desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Computers skills including use of automated fleet management and reporting software.
- Working knowledge of database applications, MS Word, and Excel etc
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented and high degree of accuracy;
- Be of high integrity and have a sense of confidentiality
- Be willing to take on extra responsibilities in order to achieve the goals/objectives set by the organization
- Capability to develop and implement effective strategies and tactics for accomplishing assigned duties
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Be self-motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude to work requiring minimum supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of staff and partners.
- Good oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate findings and analyses
- Cooperative, hardworking, flexible & dependable.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: [email protected] using “Administrative Officer, Abuja” as the subject of the email.
- CV and Cover Letter as One Single Word document
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org
Application Deadline 1st September, 2021.