Administrative Officer at People Capacity Management
People Capacity Management is a Human resource and management consuting firm based in Lagos, Nigeria. We offer a range of HR-related services to both the public and private sector.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Officer
Location: Gwarimpa, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Administrative officer will support the smooth running of the office by carrying out clerical tasks and projects.
- As an administrator in the construction industry, you could be organising project meetings.
- Admin Officer will be responsible for typing documents, responding to business enquiries, drawing up contracts where necessary.
- You are likely to be processing lots of information using a computer, so you will need strong IT skills.
- Excellent communication skills are also important, to ensure the office operates efficiently.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Monitoring and maintaining office equipment and inventory supplies; orders replacement supplies as needed
- Creating, updating, and maintaining records and databases
- Scheduling company calendar and updating as needed
- Supporting department managers, staff, and MD
- Preparing travel arrangements for office staff and managers; overseeing and preparing expense reports and budgets
- Coordinating building and maintenance issues for general repair (heating and air conditioning, security, etc.) and updating (carpet cleaning, painting, etc.)
- Preparing correspondence, documentation, or presentation materials
- Keep store records and ensure regular inventory of supplies
- Make all necessary travel arrangements for office visitors
- Ensure proper filing, confidentiality and storage of company documents
- Ensure the use of the company online document management system
- Ensure the office is furnished and equipped to meet staff and operational needs
- Coordinate office services – electricity, water, internet, cleaning, etc. – to provide staff with the best possible work environment given available resources
- Keep a maintenance schedule of all office furniture and equipment whilst ensuring prompt maintenance and repairs.
- Ensure the First Aid Box is well equipped
- Manage the office space, maintain service contracts, manage office equipment, and monitor administrative costs.
Education / Experience Requirements
- First Degree or Diploma relating to the field, preferred but not essential
- Minimum of 2 years relevant working experience.
- Prior experience as an office assistant, office administrator, or handling administrative responsibilities in a related field
Skills / Attributes:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills: ability to prioritize
- Comfortable in both a leadership and team-player role, manage team members, lead assistant meetings, and supervises when needed
- Highly organized multi-tasker who works well in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to learn and to grow with the company and motivated to take on additional projects and solve problems
- Self-directed and able to work without supervision
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 10th September, 2021.