Assistant Procurement Manager at Unilever Nigeria Plc
Unilever Nigeria Plc – Welcome to Unilever, a global multinational and fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) company with products sold in over 190 countries and more than 2 billion consumers across the world who use our amazing products everyday!
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Assistant Procurement Manager – Tea Blending & Buying
Ref No: R-18061
Location: Agbara, Nigeria
Job Type: Fulltime
About The Tea Business
- Unilever is proud of its Tea business, the biggest in the world, with world class purpose driven brands such as Lipton, PG tips and Pukka. Recently, Unilever decided to separate the Tea business to ensure it can best achieve its potential. Unilever is currently reviewing several options for separation, including a demerger, an initial public offering, a disposal or through partnership models. The Tea businesses in India and Indonesia, and the partnership interests in the ready-to-drink Tea joint ventures will be retained.
- The balance of the Tea brands and geographies and all Tea estates, with generated revenues of €2 billion in 2019, is growing and profitable with proven potential both pre- and post-COVID-19. As a standalone entity, the Tea company remains number one in the world and is even better positioned to lead the industry and take full advantage of the opportunities in the category, with more focus and entrepreneurship driving greater growth and value.
- The current vision for the Tea company is to champion a tastier, healthier, more sustainable world of plant-based drinking. Purposeful thinking will be the core anchor of the business, its brands as well as its culture, and enables simple and agile decision making, supports an entrepreneurial mindset and is driven by passion for our consumers.
- As we move through this journey towards separation, we are seeking employees with a passion for exciting entrepreneurial experiences, who want to pursue unique career opportunities and have a desire to be an integral part in building the bright future of this plant-based company.
- Working with their respective cluster Procurement Manager Tea, they will monitor stocks to ensure all stocks are tracked till consumption. They will adhere to blend cost targets and forecast provided to the business.
- Responsible for issuing blend sheets to Nigeria Mixing Unit as per plan.
- Responsible for incoming quality evaluation and its use.
- Ensure all inbound tea deliveries are tasted and fully updated in SAP
- Responsible for delivery of quality of all Blends as per the PBBS.
- To be responsible for weekly update and approval of demand plans
- Own and ensure all static data for Tea specific SAP and ICRON systems is updated on time and in full.
- Roll-out global sourcing strategies locally
- Owning procurement fundamentals for spend responsibility areas i.e. master data, stakeholder management, savings, KPI reporting, contracts, creating playbooks, implementation of digital solutions and technology enablers etc.
- Annual Business Plan Development Partnering with Finance & Global Teams.
- Implement & optimize projects in cooperation with SC teams such as Logistics procurement digitalization agenda.
- Key point of contact for cross functional teams such as legal, Finance, CD etc. as projects require for resolving all Logistics Procurement business issues with supply chain inputs/impacts
- Ensure a safety culture for all supply chain people
- Work closely with 3PL partners, Logistics Operations, and other Supply chain functional stakeholders.
- Build market intelligence to understand inflation development and potential new service providers/technologies that could help extra capacity creation in the business.
- Business partnering with Supply chain team in the markets to deliver projects to achieve cost and service level targets and Support benchmark activities
- Support preparing negotiation strategy and manage negotiations jointly with the SC team
- Deliver on key financial targets such as gross margin improvement through savings and cash flow improvement by applying for example smart buying tools
- Executing actions for Integrating global / regional sourcing strategies with business and portfolio demands, ensuring timely inputs to global/regional project development and OTIF execution of global/regional strategy and projects in the clusters
- Support Global Innovation & Sustainability programs for Leaf Tea
- Work in an effective, cohesive team environment (Ability to understand all areas of Procurement)
- Supplier Relationship Management and negotiate value driven agreements that are in line with defined commercial and legal requirements and subsequently manage the supplier relationships/SLA’s along with key stakeholders
- Work with the Markets to analyse and collate information regarding current requirements and future needs. Efficient, timely and transparent communication to internal customers and suppliers
- Work within and always ensure compliance to defined Procurement procedures and adhere to the Code of Business Principles.
- Implement actions for executing global strategies for and with the markets. Support the procurement organization to meet goals and objectives in support to the overall Tea Business strategy, specifically focusing on Sustainability
- Work with R&D teams to deliver all future innovations
- Support Procurement & Other Cross Functional leads by providing timely and accurately assistance on relevant topics and initiatives as required.
- Work with Cross Functional team to implementing sourcing strategy and strategic contracts are in place for the portfolios.
- Implementation of Strategic sourcing agreements at assigned site cluster level within the portfolio
- Build and develop key Strategic & Local supplier relationships, focus on value, innovation, sustainability and growth roadmaps including bespoke transformational global initiatives such as dedicated supplier hubs
- Maintain frequent engagement with strategic, global & Local suppliers and key Unilever stakeholders, to review/resolve relationship issues and develop future business opportunities (inline with relevant PTW/JBDP programs)
- Work with key internal stakeholders in the markets and at a global category teams to initiate actions for executing strategy
- Work with R&D to develop optimised and harmonised specifications within a framework of functional specifications in line with the business requirements and set category strategies
- Drive Sustainability initiatives and actions within the portfolio
- Lead negotiations on contract, innovation & operating issues with suppliers
- Work with the Legal teams to finalise global commercial agreements using contractual operating framework of UPAs/STCs etc
- Proactively identify and deliver Savings and/or Cash in line with set targets. Identify and propose cost reduction/continuous performance improvement (supplier) opportunities.
- Identify, implement and record Value Improvement Programs (VIP) together with the market teams – lead global deployment of opportunities and support market execution
- Manage and coordinate global savings delivery inline with global and market targets, supporting markets to meet Savings Targets.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Concentration in Business, Procurement or Supply Chain preferred
- Experience in working in a virtual team and regional/global scope
- Experience in leading a team and people management
- Experience in change management projects
- 3+ years’ experience in procurement or supply chain
- Experience in supply and portfolio strategy development
Who We Are Looking For:
- Self-starter & independent operator
- Change management
- Bias for action and strong executor
- Strong in holding people accountable
Tea Taster & Blending experience with below requirements:
- Is able to assess and evaluate in detail tea samples at differing brew strengths eg consumer strength, technical strength
- Is able to apply and adapt best practice eg Tealingo rules.
- Classifies tea samples into Tealingo items as a matter of course
Tea Blending Skills with below Requirements:
- Evaluates the new blend per Good Tasting Practice to pass/fail vs a blend specification or standard
- Evaluates blends on both physical, visual and sensory parameters
- Can construct a blend in a live system in accordance with a prescribed recipe and/or specification
- Can make the necessary changes to a blend if it has not passed the evaluation to ensure it meets the specification.
- 10% or limited travel. Now limited due to CV19 restrictions
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply