Company Secretary / General Counsel at International Breweries Plc
International Breweries Plc – Our Dream is to bring people together for a better world. Beer, the original social network, has been bringing people together for thousands of years. We are committed to building great brands that stand the test of time and to brewing the best beers using the finest natural ingredients.
Our diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser, Corona and Stella Artois; multi-country brands Beck’s, Castle, Castle Lite, Hoegaarden, and Leffe; and local champions such as Aguila, Bud Light, Jupiler, Klinskoye, Modelo Especial, Quilmes, Skol, and Victoria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Company Secretary / General Counsel
Reference ID: 30001961
Location: Nigeria International Breweries H/O
Employment Type: Full Time
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide legal advice to all business functions on wide-ranging matters to help achieve the organization’s business objective
- Drafting of all contract agreement between the Company and prospecting contractors in a manner to ensure strict compliance
- Giving legal opinion on agreement presented to the Company with intention to create legal relationship
- Managing contractual/material arrangements with suppliers/customers
- Ensuring that Board meetings are organized with the strictest compliance to the Company’s memo and Articles of Association
- Custodian of company seal and other company documents/archives
- Ensure that statutory meetings e.g. AGM is held with strict compliance to the provisions of Company and Allied matters Act
- Oversee and ensure prompt reporting of all Statutory and Regulatory Compliances with statutory provisions of the Law and regulation
- Manage Consumer protection and competition advisory engagements
- Manage and coordinate litigation matters and external counsel relationship to protect the company from legal risks
- Acting as bridge between the Company and the police on issues involving the police.
- Directing the Board on the provisions of Companies and Allied Matters Act where the need arises during meetings
- Ensuring that Notices and Agenda for the Board Meetings is prepared and sent to Board members within time
- Writing and Developing Board Meetings
- Keeping the register of members
- Keeping the register of Directors
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in Law with necessary practicing license
- 10 years membership at the Bar
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as Company Secretary and General Counsel.
- Good Knowledge of applicable laws.
- Sound Knowledge of English
- Swift response to issues of consequence.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Computer Literacy
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- AB InBev is an equal opportunity employer and all appointments will be made in-line with AB InBev employment equity plan and talent requirements.
- We are a company that promotes gender equality. Internal applicants require Line manager approval. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/relevant information as criteria for short-listing
Application deadline 2nd March, 2022.