Monitoring & Evaluation Officer 1 at Breakthrough ACTION
Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behavior – from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV and preventing the spread of zoonotic diseases – by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behavior change.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer 1
Locations: Bauchi, Sokoto and Zamfara
- This position will support the overall data management system of the project at the State office including but not limited to conducting data collection, entry and cleaning, and providing technical support for research activities.
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Officers will also enter and clean activity data, monitor paper flow of data collection forms, and check for data accuracy.
- The incumbent will maintain regular communication with state-level partners and other stakeholders to offer data-required support.
- Perform data entry and cleaning, and assist in the management of quantitative data sets
- Actively contribute to and support project implementation activities
- Participate in the development of work plans and budget for project M&E activities
- Provide administrative support as needed
- Support program monitoring and evaluation tasks, including the implementation of M&E systems (data collection, paper flow management, data management and results reporting)
- Participate in the training of staff/partners and consultants in M&E data collection and processing
- Carry out other tasks as assigned to support JHU-CCP’s projects
Qualification & Skills
- HND or Bachelor’s Degree with at least 5 years work experience in monitoring and evaluation of health programs
- Experience with word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software
- Working knowledge of data processing computer packages (e.g. EpiInfo, Epidata)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability and willingness to travel as required within and between project states
- Ability to work successfully in a cross-cultural, team-based environment
- Ability to work legally in Nigeria
- MUST have experience working with databases
- Ability to verbally communicate in at least one Nigerian language (Ibo for Ebonyi & Hausa for FCT)
- Well-organized, with the ability to track multiple projects and deadlines
- Experience in providing administrative support to work teams
- Any other assignment as directed by the organization.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV as a single PDF document to: [email protected] . The subject line of your email should be the Job Title along with your Location of preference. E.g. “M&E Officer 1 – Sokoto”.
Application Deadline 1st September, 2021. (COB)