Operations Sustainability Project Manager at British American Tobacco
British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Sustainability Project Manager
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Reports to: EHS Operations Manager, WAA
Seniority Level: Junior Management
Geographic Scope: West – Central Africa (Operations & Commercial)
Role Positioning And Objectives
- To act as a single point of contact for the ESG agenda within the WCA region and to drive the main initiatives & projects to deliver the groups ESG ambition.
What You Will Be Accountable For
- To manage the region’s WCA ESG agenda, acting as a SPOC and supporting the EH&S team in ensuring all the initiatives & projects are delivered OTIF
- Manage the collection of best practices and reapplication plan
- To support the creation and/or validation & deployment of new standards
- Support capability building process within the region WCA.
- To guarantee all the initiatives & journey maps are aligned with the glidepaths
- Support Capex demand, alignment, and prioritization
- External certifications management
Essential Experience, Skills And Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree, with NYSC Completed
- Experience in EHS and engineering background will be an added advantage
- Water and Waste management, loss mapping and analysis
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant professional experience
- NEBOSH Certification in environment will be an added advantage
- Ability to engage stakeholders, as well as people from different backgrounds
- Strong communication, presentation, collaboration and influencing skills
- Previous team management experience would be an added advantage.
- Understanding of energy efficiency, green energy, on-site generation, energy planning, ISO 500001 energy management, PAS 2060 carbon neutrality certification, offsetting, iRecs’s, REC’s & PPA, internal carbon pricing and marginal abatement curve
- Understand key environmental internal reporting metrics (scope 1,2&3, water, waste)
- Understands decarbonization opportunities in field force (e.g., hybrid/electrical vehicles sourcing, use of telematics for fuel saving, eco-driving training)
Competitive Salary + excellent benefits + market leading bonus.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply