Operator at British American Tobacco
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operator
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Reports to: Shift Team Lead
Seniority Level: Non-Management
Role Positioning and Objectives
- Individual is responsible to ensure their equipment is operated and maintained at base conditions and improvements required to reach goals are executed.
- Making sure that Process activities within the complex under his jurisdiction are carried out correctly to meet volume demand and quality specifications in line with best practices, at an effective cost, in a hygienic and safe working environment. Individual is member of Operating (Autonomous) Team.
What You Will Be Accountable For
Role model leadership, inclusion, and 5E’s:
- Participate in project delivery and execution
- Participate in monthly performance review with Shift team lead and quarterly review with Line lead using scorecard/PAP
- Participate in monthly/Quarterly department team meetings/briefings
- Participate in Shift Transition Meeting and Planned Stop huddles/critiques, per the Site DDS DMS
- Work with other Module equipment owners to maintain cohesive, responsive, flexible organization
- Ensure all necessary documentations are completed and applicable company policies are complied.
Rigorous application of IWS tools / execute standards:
- Deliver operational KPIs for Run to Target DMS execution
- Use Risk Prediction whenever you are performing a non-routine task on your equipment (i.e. defect fixing)
- Drives safety defects through completion with a high sense of urgency
- Tracks stops daily and continues to drive out STOPS
- Submits notifications for defects he/she is unable to fix on own equipment and continues to follow-up until defect is repaired
- Ensures that defects are FOUND and FIXED daily
- Ensures that the CIL is driving the elimination of unplanned breakdowns
- Ensures CIL is updated when there are learnings (i.e. breakdowns, process failures, etc.)
- Drive and support the delivery PQCDSM – Production, Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety and Morale
- Uses UPS tools (6W2H, Why-Why) for chronic stops to ELIMINATE them
- Maintains procedures for C/O for their equipment current and drives improvements to optimize c/o time
- Participates in Breakdown Elimination and leads improvements to eliminate reoccurring BDs
- Runs equipment at centreline and can explain deviations
- Submits notifications for defects equipment owner is unable to fix and continues to follow-up until defect is repaired
Essential Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Academic qualification in City & Guilds (Engineering / Manufacturing / Transport Maintenance), NABTEB (Technical Trade), or National Diploma (Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics) from a recognised institution.
- Knowledge of cigarette making or packing machinery with at least 3 years of “hands on” experience of running these machines in a production environment
- Knows the cigarette and pack components, its individual functions and its relevance for consumers
- Identifies how the different elements of the cigarette/product design compose the smoking experience
- Routinely/daily aware of Quality performance information and data analysis to either sustain or improve Product Quality.
- Demonstrates an understating of key processes relating to Quality in their area of Supply Chain.
- A strong working knowledge of technical training, fault finding, troubleshooting techniques on both Making and Packing machines will be essential to the success of the role. Overall strong defects finding and fixing around High loss areas.
- Understands link between Process Control Strategy (PCS) and CLs & CILs
- A high degree of inter personal skill will be required to establish credentials and to pass on knowledge and experience to newer team members
Competitive Salary package + excellent benefits + market leading bonus.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply