Packaging Process Operator at AB InBev
AB InBev is the world’s leading brewer. We produce over 500 beers, including world-famous brands such as Budweiser, Stella Artois and Corona. Local Africa brands such as Carling Black Label, Hero, Kilimanjaro, 2M, Eagle and we want like-minded, hard-working and passionate people to join our teams in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Packaging Process Operator
Location: Onitsha, Anambra
Job type: Full-time
Overall Purpose of Function
- To Safely operate and maintain defined Packaging equipment (Filling and labelling process areas which have a bigger business impact with cost and consumer quality) and related process to achieve optimal effectiveness, process quality and Productivity.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Complete associated tracking and monitoring: Complete operator workstation administration and act as required.
- Complete Team room administration as required
- Contribute to self-development
- Carrying out autonomous operations as defined for the process areas
- Identify defective plant, and report these through to the Process Artisan or Team Leader to assist with resolution
- Assisting the Process Artisan/Machine specialist in executing running repairs on shift.
- Carrying out the required quality checks and analyses and recording the results on the appropriate information system
- The list of quality checks to be executed is contained in the work instructions.
- react to the results using the VPO tools supplied
- Actively participate in shift meetings, asking questions to test understanding and contributing suggestions. Making use of the action logs to record issues, problems and improvement opportunities
- Fully understand the team Dream and contribute in achieving it
- Make use of relevant communication media (e.g. shift logbook) to stay informed and inform others of issues
- Complete required hand over to incoming shift team members, ensuring the issues relating to plant performance, quality and maintenance are communicated
- Manage PIMS & POMS and take corrective action on negative trends
- Use QFR’s (As per triggers)
- Complete 5 WHY’s (As per triggers) with relevant team members
- Contribute towards AB reports as required
- Ensure process quality and productivity
- Minimum of B.Sc. / HND in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- 1 year on the job training, SKAP Completed
Traits & Competences Required:
- Prepared to work shifts
- The main role is to apply core competencies to achieve optimum plant and process performance
- Initiative and energy
- Achievement Drive (improvement, do better than standard or what was done previously, be the best)
- Manage a process area according to VPO principles and standards
- A logical, analytical problem solver who can operate in an unstructured environment.
- A team player (prepared to communicate, listen and assist)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Important Information and Notice
- AB InBev is an equal opportunity employer and all appointments will be made in-line with AB InBev employment equity plan and talent requirements. We are a company that promotes gender equality.
- Internal applicants require Line manager approval
- Kindly attach CV in PDF format
- Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted
- Management reserves the right to use additional/ relevant information as criteria for short-listing. Interested candidates who meet the above specifications may apply no later than the deadline
Application Deadline 11th September, 2021.