Procurement Coordinator at The Confederation of African Football (CAF)
The Confederation of African Football (CAF) was founded in 1957 by four nations: Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia and South Africa. As the administrative body of the region, CAF manages competitions, offers technical and administrative training courses while actively fostering the promotion and practice of football.
Location: Cairo, Egypt
- You believe you have the educational background and professional experience to contribute to restore CAF’s reputation and elevate the organization to the highest international standards? CAF is looking to recruit a Procurement Coordinator.
- Review and analyze all vendors/suppliers, supply, and price options.
- Issue tender documents when delegated from Head of Procurement.
- Negotiate the best deal for pricing and supply contracts.
- Maintain records of purchases, pricing, and other important data.
- Develop plans for purchasing equipment, services, and supplies.
- Conduct market research/surveys.
- Ensure that the products and supplies are of high quality while maintaining the best value for money.
- Maintain and update a list of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times, and potential future development.
- Maintain good relationships with vendors/suppliers.
- Work with team members and the Head of procurement to perform other procurement tasks as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or equivalent.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy, and systems according to International Procurement Standards.
- Minimum 4 – 5 years experience as a procurement officer or related position in an international company or organization.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken); fluency in another official CAF language (French or Arabic) is an asset.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office as well as Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).
- Make professional decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions.
- Ability to negotiate, establish, and administer contracts.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Accurate and precise attention to detail.
- Ability to work well with management and staff at all levels.
- Goal-oriented, organized, and team player.
- Candidate must have record of integrity and transparency.
- An interesting and varied job in an exciting and innovative international organization.
- Attractive employment conditions.
- The opportunity to be part of a highly committed international team.
- Quality social security coverage.
- An excellent pension schemes.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Cover Letter, CV, Diplomas, and references in English or French to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Interested and qualified? Go to The Confederation of African Football (CAF) on www.cafonline.com to apply