Purchasing Officer at Dangote Group
Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Purchasing Officer
Job Reference: Procurement 001
Location: Obajana, Kogi
Employment Type: Full Time
- Effectively manage and coordinate the procurement of goods and services in accordance with the set procurement guidelines and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Sourcing and procurement of goods works, and services in accordance with good procurement practices and laid down procedures and guidelines.
- Preparation of solicitation documents and inquiries for goods works, and services in liaison with user departments and undertaking the appropriate bidding process.
- Ensure materials and services supplied meet established standards, survey markets for the latest trends in prices, availability, delivery, and quality, and ensure that applicable policies, practices, and procedures are understood and complied with by suppliers.
- Monitor and report on supplier performance, noting current and/or potential issues and/or inefficiencies, and assist with contract/purchase order modifications.
- Assess all vendors/suppliers and ensure that they meet the minimum requirements to be on the suppliers’ list. This also involves conducting supplier premises visits to monitor and evaluate supplier standards.
- Preparation of bid evaluation reports, contracts, and other related procurement documentation.
- Contract management and expediting of orders to ensure timely delivery and processing of payments.
- Maintenance of sound Procurement records and preparation of procurement status reports.
- Collaborating with user department and preparation of procurement plans to ensure timely provision of goods and services.
Education and Work Experience:
- Degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering, Business Administration or Purchasing and Supply
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in procurement.
- Proficient in MS Excel/Word/PowerPoint
- Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
- An energetic, forward-thinking, and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
- Experience with SAP
- Experience in working with a manufacturing /Cement industry.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Closing date: Unspecified