Sterling Oil Exploration & Energy Production Company Limited (SEEPCO) recruitment for Field Operators
Sterling Oil Exploration & Energy Production Company Ltd. (SEEPCO) is an indigenous company that ventured into Exploration and Production (E&P) business in the year 2005.SEEPCO has been producing Okwuibome (OKW) Blend of crude oil since 2011. Okwuibome Blend is an established grade of crude oil recognised by Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Operator
Employment Type: Full-time
- An oil exploration and energy production company requires a Skilled Field Operator.
- Starting and stopping equipment, taking pressure and flow readings, recording data, adjusting valves and pressures will be the duties of the field operator.
- Responsible for initial separation processes or special treatment and detecting near miss, unsafe acts or conditions and providing suggestions and proposals for improvement.
- Monitoring and controlling the process parameters as desired and handing over to the incoming shift in a systematic and orderly manner.
- Understand, adhere to, and carry out the duties in accordance with approved available departmental standing instructions, Standard operating procedures, and other work permit systems.
- Operation and monitoring of process equipment performance in a safe manner, as well as ensuring the availability of spare equipment for immediate use if required.
- Comply with all company Health, Safety, and Environment as well as Work Permit, policies, and procedures.
- Coordinate and cooperate with maintenance departments, lab, and other service depts. for the smooth running of the plant.
- Carry out planned inspection and safety tours to identify unsafe conditions and practices, and classifies equipment from a hazard point of view.
- Prepare daily, weekly chemicals stock/consumption reports and inform Supervisor for requesting stores stock items/chemicals necessary for operating the plant.
- Maintains adequate housekeeping according to Company’s HSE Procedures.
- Communicate immediately with the control room/supervisors if any parameter abnormalities or process deviations are observed to ensure that the accurate condition of field equipment is maintained and also record and maintain accurate, timely log data on equipment, as well as closely monitor its performance.
- In the event that an instrument or piece of equipment malfunctions, notify the supervisor and request that work issue orders.
- Prepare and hand over equipment in a safe manner to maintenance staff for repair and get back in service after checks as per PTW procedure.
- React to plant process/safety emergencies promptly and carry out actions as laid down in the company HSE procedures.
- B.Sc / ND / HND in Chemical Engineering or relevant.
- 5-10 years of work experience as a Field Operator (preferred within the Oil & Gas industry).
- Knowledge of pumps, compressors, heat exchangers, absorbers, and metering systems is required.
- Good Communication and Interpersonal relationship skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as subject of the email