Guest Service Agent at Marriott International
Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Guest Service Agent
Job Number 21016261
Location: Four Points by Sheraton Ikot Ekpene, Raffia City Plaza, Ikot Ekpene, Nigeria
Job Category Rooms & Guest Services Operations
Brand: Four Points
Position Type: Management
Located Remotely? N
- Process all guest check-ins, check-outs, room assignments, and room change / late check-out requests. Secure payment; activate/reissue room keys.
- Ensure rates match market codes, document exceptions.
- Verify / adjust billing for guests. Communicate to appropriate staff when guests are waiting for an available room. Advise guest of messages.
- Supply guests with directions and information.
- Answer, record, and process all guest calls, requests, questions, or concerns; follow up to ensure each has been met to guests’ satisfaction.
- Arrange transportation for guests / visitors.
- Count and secure bank at beginning and end of shift.
- Cash-guests’ checks, process all payment types, vouchers, paid-outs, charges, and provide change.
- Notify Loss Prevention / Security of any reports of theft.
- Clear departures in computer system.
- Coordinate with Housekeeping to track room status and guest concerns.
- File guest paperwork or documentation.
- Operate telephone switchboard station.
- Run and check daily reports, contingency lists, and credit card authorization reports.
- Follow company policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Comply with quality assurance standards. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Welcome and acknowledge guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests’ service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Speak using clear and professional language; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Develop and maintain positive working relationships; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of employees.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law