Programme Support Assistant / Assistant to CEO at Youth Network for Community and Sustainable Development (YNCSD)
Youth Network for Community and Sustainable Development (YNCSD) We are the leading advocacy group of all youth bodies working to end all forms of violence against women and girls including harmful traditional practices in Nigeria. The Youth Network for Community and Sustainable Development is a movement catalyzing social change by engaging young people and amplifying their voices to speak for Human Rights, through targeted advocacy to key players, capacity building and development, communications and media engagements, Partnerships and program implementation. We also work on other Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights issues, Governance and Environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Support Assistant / Assistant to CEO
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Contract
Main Purpose of the Job
- YNCSD is seeking to hire a Programme Support Assistant who will work on our existing Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights portfolio- comprising bold and momentous projects to address existing inequalities affecting women, girls and vulnerable groups.
- The portfolio of projects aims to improve the safe access of abortion services at the focal states where we would be implementing using a robust advocacy approach, address social norms that underpin Female Genital Mutilation/Cutting (FGM/C) and other forms of violence against women and girls.
- The Programme Support Assistant would be expected to provide full on programme management and administrative support to our projects as well as supporting technical delivery team members deliver interventions on time and on budget. YNCSD seeks a feminist who is bold, daring and open to new challenges.
- The Programme Support Assistant is an energetic and highly creative self-starter to join our Programme Management Team to coordinate and manage our portfolio of programmes.
- This position is perfect for someone open to starting a career in international development and willing to learn and grow.
- It is anticipated that the successful applicant will move up the ladder to more senior management roles in the Programme Unit if successful as an Assistant.
Summary of functions
- Financial and procurement management
- Project Monitoring and Reporting
- Coordination and liaison
- Knowledge management and innovation
- Operational and logistical support
- Managing information flows and overseeing change controls, risk registers and issue management; document and feedback lessons learned and best practices;
- Supporting the project planning process;
- Maintenance of all supporting project financial documents for audit and review processes;
- Management of work packages within the project as and when required;
- Assist the Project manager in monitoring of the project quality indicators and undertaking monthly assurance tasks on behalf of the Project Manager.
- Project implementation
- Support the Project Manager in ensuring YNCSD’s Policies and Procedures, Financial Rules and Regulations (FR&R) are adhered to for efficient project implementation and progress;
- Monitor project financials and advise the Project Manager accordingly;
- Track expenditure and take relevant action when required to revise budgets (realignment and amendment);
Financial and Procurement Management:
- Maintain all supporting project financial documents for audit and review processes.
- Ensure accurate data entry into YNCSD Programme Management system.
- Support the Project Manager by monitoring budgets, cash flow and reporting on expense obligations to ensure that deliverables are met.
- Alert the Project Manager or any financial shortfalls and over-expenditures.
- Propose budget revision and initiate corrective action when necessary.
- Coordinate vendor communications, meetings, and reports as necessary.
- Monitor project budget and financial expenditure and all administrative procedures in line with the work-plan.
- Process direct payments and advance requests and prepare project budget revisions.
- Produce financial reports; including developing financial monitoring and reporting formats as per YNCSD’s requirements.
Project Monitoring and Reporting:
- Provide substantive inputs to assist the Project Manager in the preparation of project reports and documents.
- Maintain records of project files and other supporting documents.
- Manage the compilation, consolidation and analysis of relevant data of the mission.
- Assist the Project Manager in the preparation of project completion reports and ensure compliance with contractual obligations.
- Maintain the following records: Quality Register, Configuration Item Records and all other registers/logs delegated by the Project Manager
- Support the Project Manager in maintaining the following:
Operational and Logistic Support:
- In consultation with the relevant stakeholders, assist in preparing amendments of Agreements and Budget revisions when applicable;
- Review input of financial information, expenditures etc in YNCSD’s Project Management system.
- Liaise with the Finance Unit to process and monitor all payment requests within the Project
- Organize all project and stakeholder meetings as and when necessary, and maintain records of these meetings.
- Maintain records of project files and Activity reports in hard and soft copy.
- Prepare budget forecast and periodic financial reports as requested.
- Review weekly Activity reports and quarterly financial reports with respect to outputs based on work plans and budget forecasts
- Liaise with finance and logistics / procurement units in tracking commitments and disbursements.
- Identify operational, administrative, financial and other bottlenecks that may impede project delivery; recommend solutions and take appropriate remedial action.
- Assist the Project Manager in monitoring all HR requirements and related activities under the Project
- Preparation of Terms of Reference (ToR) for required inputs in the projects (staff, individual and institutional consultancy services, procurement of goods and services, organization of training, seminars, etc.), with expert and/or client support as required;
- Providing induction briefings to newly recruited staff and render support to consultants in the course of their assignment;
- In accordance with YNCSDs Security Policies, manage travel for all personnel in the Project Team
- Interested candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in relevant fields with 0 – 2 years experience.
N50,000 – N65,000 monthly.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter stating their motivation and the skills that they would bring to this specific post along with their Resume / CV to: [email protected] using “Programme Support Assistant” as the subject of the email.
Note: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and interviews to be carried out on a rolling basis commencing September 14.
Application Deadline 13th September, 2021.