Production Operator at TotalEnergies
TotalEnergies is a global multi-energy company producing and supplying energy: oil and biofuels, natural gas and green gas, renewables and electricity. Over 100,000 employees are committed to energy that is ever more affordable, clean, reliable and accessible to as many people as possible. As a company with over 500 professions in more than 130 countries, TotalEnergies places sustainable development in all its dimensions at the heart of its projects and operations to contribute to the well-being of populations by offering high safety and environmental standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Production Operator
Offer ID: 71023BR
Location: Lagos or Port Harcourt-OML58, Rivers
Metier: Upstream Operations
Workplace location (Precisions / Keywords): Onshore or Offshore or Deep-Offshore
Employment type: Regular position
Branch: Exploration and Production
- To monitor and operate safely and efficiently all production processes and equipment associated with company’s oil / gas production, pipelines, flowlines, utilities, and safety systems to achieve production targets.
- To act as Operating Authority Representative and Area Operator to carry out permit-to-work onsite validation, participation in Job Risk Assessment Review, Life Saving Checks, Safety Greenlight and Toolbox talks Sessions at work Site job location and ensure hazard compensatory measures are in place before starting of jobs.
- To supervise work crews to ensure operating practices are in accordance with Operational safely regulations.
- To carry out first level maintenance on instrumentation, pumps and other production equipment. (e.g. valve greasing, pump tests, sight glass cleaning, instrument checks, purging, flushing. draining, filter changeover /, easy fix, etc.)
- Prepare and perform isolation, flushing, and inerting of equipment as necessary for safe handover of equipment for interventions by third parties.
- Actively participate in all HSE Meetings, and Events, including but not limited to the weekly site general housekeeping exercise, raising anomaly reports and follow through of anomalies to closure.
- To ensure that all installations and assigned work areas are kept safe and clean and that a safe secure working environment always exists on the installation. with particular regard to the permit to work procedures.
- Be fully aware of emergency procedures to be capable of immediately assuming the appropriate responsibilities in the event of an emergency.
- Participate as ERIT team members during Emergency drills and real incidents for intervention.
- Responsible for starting up and shutting down plant operations under normal and emergency situations.
- To carry out routine site rounds, safety tours, and line walks with ATEX Electronic devices for the reporting of process parameters, unusual noise, vibration, leaks, spills, cracks, anomalies, etc. to ensure that all relevant data is accurately recorded and reported daily.
- Advises the Chief Production Operator of any potentially hazardous situations to ensure the earliest possible return to completely safe working conditions.
- Report any abnormal observation / variation in timely manner, including vibrations, leaks, blockages, equipment malfunctions plant integrity infringement, and raise SAP notifications, where necessary, for correction.
- Participate in the periodic inspections and tests on Safety Critical Equipment (Fire Water Pump, Deluge System, Emergency valves, etc) and fill out the relevant log sheets.
- Participate in periodic pigging operations, well testing, equipment commissioning and changeover, and start-up activities of new unit as required.
- Share Technical and Safety Observations with other team members through various forms namely: verbal submissions during team meetings; issuance of Statement of the Problems Report, and Presentations at HSE and/or Production Meetings
- To consistently display courage to use the STOP CARD whenever unsafe conditions are observed onsite, promptly correct the situations, and share feedbacks with all concerned.
- To understudy experienced Control Room / External Operators in the safe and correct operation of equipment.
- To carry out any other duties assigned to him/her that are within his capabilities and for which he has received appropriate training.
- To follow up daily chemicals injections rate in collaboration with the Laboratory personnel and CCR and perform chemical injection rates adjustment, chemical charging as may be required.
- To be aware of Site procedures, Standing Instructions, long-term isolations, maintenance inhibitions, downgraded situations, temporary modifications onsite and ensure their associated mitigating measures are in place.
Context and Environment
- Depending on work location assignment, which could be Onshore, Conventional Offshore or Deep Offshore.
- National Diploma or intermediate City & Guilds in any Engineering disciplines
- Production operator certification training (French BOA, or OPITO equivalent – OGTAP)
- 2 -3 years’ experience in Oil & gas processing platforms, FPSO or similar processing plant
- Demonstration of ownership and collaboration with other entities to monitor and operate efficiently and safely all production processes and equipment associated with oil / gas production installations in the fields of assignment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Closing date: Unspecified