Sustainability Manager at UAC Foods
UAC Foods Limited is a leading producer of snacks, beverages, and ice cream. Our brands include Gala Sausage Roll, Funtime Coconut Chips, Groundnut chips and Cupcake, SWAN Natural Spring Water and Supreme Ice Cream.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sustainability Manager
- Responsible for developing and implementing an effective corporate sustainability strategy and operating framework to ensure that UFL business practices and products are environmentally friendly and compliant with government rules and regulations.
- Manage all internal and external communications in a manner that creates a positive image amongst all stakeholders.
You will be accountable for:
- Strategy and Policy Management:
- Develops and drives the implementation of UFL Sustainability and corporate communications (internal & external) strategies and Framework.
- Monitors UFL’s corporate sustainability performance by analysing and auditing operational activities (i.e., the process of waste elimination)
- Developing and driving sustainability and social impact projects to deliver Return on Investment (ROI) and Brand Equity for UFL.
- Ensures that program milestones are met while adhering to approved budgets.
- Responsible for leading and driving thought leadership and stakeholder engagements to position UFL as an industry leader.
- Implementing changes in corporate sustainability strategy to make the work environment and practices more eco-friendly
Public Affairs & Relationship Management:
- Engages with stakeholders at the local, state, and federal levels, including initiating contact and maintaining professional relations with monarchs, chairmen of the local government councils, legislators representing our constituencies and the security agencies covering our host communities to further UFL business frontiers.
- Partners with the state government, to drive and implement policies, providing advocacy services through engagement and collaboration efforts.
- Ensures UFL meets its obligations towards the Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment, Standards Organization of Nigeria, NAFDAC, Manufacturers Association of Nigeria with the aim of aligning public interest with the business strategy.
Community Development Projects and Environmental Compliance:
- Identifies potential projects and partnerships which UFL may embark on highlighting the financial implications and benefits to the company.
- Conducts impact assessment to ascertain that each initiative is required and will meet the needs of target audience.
- Ensures UFL always works within the ambit of the law by guaranteeing all regulatory and statutory obligations are adhered in the execution of these initiatives in the agreed environmental standards.
- Works with relevant internal stakeholder for the maintenance of effective ‘green housekeeping’ and operating practices throughout UFL.
Corporate Communication (Internal & External):
- Develops internal communications programs and processes required to support organizational change and employee engagement initiatives.
- Plans and prepares contents for a variety of internal and external communication mediums like town hall meeting, strategy session, press briefing for electronic and print media etc.
- Leverages mediums like sponsorships, events, issues management and media relations to convey to the public, the strategic position of UFL over its competitors and the overall marketplace.
- Anticipates reputational risk issues and develops appropriate communication action plans.
- Promotes and explains the organization’s sustainability philosophy to internal and external audiences.
- Provides continuous service improvement by championing the prioritization and resolution of all customer demand requirement.
- Builds the corporate brand of UFL to generate a positive perception of its business and products.
- Responsible for building shared understanding among employees about UFL’s Vision, Mission, Cultural Values and Corporate goals.
- Actively engages, cultivates, and manages press relationships to secure coverage surrounding the programs, special events, public announcements, and other projects.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or HND in Humanities, Business related courses, Engineering, Pure and Social Sciences etc.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in a Blue-Chip multinational FMCG or related industry on similar role
- Certification in Public Relations (CIPR, NIPR) will be an added advantage
- Leadership and good problem-solving strategies
- Good reporting, documentation, and presentations skills.
- Able to organise meetings and visits to Host Communities as may be required from time to time
- Good Commercial awareness skills, understanding and knowledge of environmental legislations relating to food industry.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, critical thinking, ability to collaborate, and coordinate different programs.
- Strong background and understanding of planning methods, budget preparation and monitoring.
- Excellent communication, negotiation skills and able to communicate well at all levels both within and outside the organization.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as the subject of email
Application Deadline 10th September, 2021.