Analytics Intern at Novartis
Novartis provides healthcare solutions that improve and extend people’s lives. We use science-based innovation to address some of society’s most challenging healthcare issues. We discover and develop breakthrough treatments and find new ways to deliver them to as many people as possible. Our company is focused on industry-leading divisions with innovation power and global scale: pharmaceuticals, eye care and generic medicines
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Analytics Intern
Job ID: 360330BR
Business Unit: Global Health PH
Functional Area: Interns/Students on Novartis Payroll
Job Type: Full Time
Employment Type: Internship
Shift Work: No
Early Talent: Yes
- The department of Analytics at Novartis will have four internship positions available for approximately 3 months (or up to 6 months in an exceptional circumstance) in 2023. The internships will be in our Lagos, Nigeria office or Accra, Ghana office.
- This internship will provide motivated students with exposure to the pharmaceutical industry, and with the opportunity to work on the application or development of statistical, machine learning or pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamics modeling methods in drug development, under the supervision of a senior-level quantitative scientist.
- Depending on nature of specific drug development questions, interns may employ variety of quantitative methods, including machine learning (e.g., deep learning), survival analyses, causal inference, Bayesian statistics, disease progression modeling and pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamics modeling, among other quantitative methods.
- Interns will also attend seminars and other activities to enhance their understanding of the drug development process.
- There will be opportunities for interns to present their project results to quantitative scientists and other key stakeholders.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
- Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
- Candidates should be graduate-level students in Biostatistics, Statistics, Pharmacometrics, Engineering or in a related discipline. Recent (no longer than 18 months post-graduation) graduates in these areas of study are also in scope.
- Good written and oral communication skills in English are required
- Programming skills in a statistical programming language such as SAS or R are expected
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply