Internal Audit Supervisor at Oando Plc
Oando Plc is one of Africa’s largest integrated energy solutions provider with a proud heritage. It has a primary listing on the Nigeria Stock Exchange and a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. With shared values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Passion and Professionalism (TRIPP).
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Internal Audit Supervisor (Systems)
Job Type: Full-time
Entity: Oando Plc and subsidiaries
Unit / Department: Internal Audit
Reports To: Group Internal Audit Manager
- The Internal Audit Supervisor (System) also participates in Joint Venture audits, Production Sharing Contract audits, fraud detection and investigations as may be required from time to time.
- Evaluate and provide reasonable assurance that risk management, control, and governance systems over the organization’s information technology environment are functioning as intended and will enable the organization’s objectives and goals to be met.
- Provide inputs and participate in the development of annual audit plan, support the Internal Audit Manager in the execution of all internal audit work.
- Hold an overall awareness and knowledge of every function within the entities, in terms of service area, business strategic direction, key deliverables and resources comprising financial, people and systems.
- Execute audit programs to provide independent assurance on achievement of business objectives and adequacies of their systems and controls and advise on improvements for both compliance with policies and best practice to generate efficiency.
- Maintain a high standard of customer service and responsiveness in accordance with Oando’s core values (TRIPP). Maintain high standards of staff conduct and integrity, and participate in the development and implementation of training needs for subordinates.
- Support the Internal Audit Manager in preparing the annual risk assessment and internal audit plan for information technology, operational and financial reviews.
- Participate in the evaluation of information technology and business risks associated with strategic and operational objectives of the company.
- Participate in the development of audit programs, implementation of audit work programs and preparation of audit reports.
- Ensure efficient and effective execution of annual audit plan.
- Assist in tracking of audit recommendation implementation and perform follow-up procedures where needed.
- Supervise and review the work of Internal Audit Officers, guest auditors, including loan staff retained from external professional services firms.
- Monitor compliance with the laid down policies, processes and procedures.
- Perform detailed systems review and complex analysis using CAATs tools.
- Review systems and procedures across all business areas and recommend improvements to existing processes and procedures, where appropriate.
- Maintain required audit documentation for each audit in accordance with the Oando Internal Audit Methodology and IIA standards.
- Coordinate with other audit, risk management and/or compliance functions in the company, as well as the company’s external auditors, particularly with respect to audit planning and knowledge sharing.
- Assist the Internal Audit Manager on internal investigations.
- Perform assigned tasks efficiently and ensure departmental metrics and performance indicators are achieved.
- Provide on-the-job training and development to subordinates and loaned staff
- Perform other activities as may be assigned by the Internal Audit Manager from time to time.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills Required
- Knowledge of the Oil & Gas Industry
- Knowledge of business process, risks and Controls
- Functional and technical knowledge of Oracle ERP applications
- Knowledge of Risk Management and Internal Control Framework
- Experience in performing technical assessments and audits of network, operating systems, application security, as well as auditing IT processes
- Proficient in the use of ACL, Microsoft Excel, Access and Word
- Good project management skills
- Ability to work to deadlines, under pressure, and the willingness to put in the extra hours when needed.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel. PowerPoint).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including good presentation and report writing skills.
- Passion for delivering an exceptional client service
- Good analytical and organizational abilities
- Proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients.
- High level of self-motivation, determination and confidence in your abilities.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and divide your time between work and study.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Numeracy and a strong aptitude for mathematics.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and clear logical thinking.
- A keen interest in the financial system combined with excellent commercial awareness.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Percentage coverage of identified risk and controls
- Level of execution of the annual audit plan
- Number of queries from the regulatory authorities and external audit reports
- Compliance with the Internal Audit Methodology.
- Timeliness of audit review and investigations
- Quality and timeliness of audit reports and updates
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply