Quality and Nutrition Manager at Olam Nigeria Limited
Olam Agri supplies food, feed and fibre to meet rising demand and a shift to protein-based diets, particularly in Asian and African countries. Headquartered in Singapore and present on all continents, our value chains include farming, processing and distribution operations, as well as a sourcing network of an estimated 2.5 million farmers. Our teams have built leadership positions in many Olam Agri businesses, including rice, flour, animal feed, sesame, cotton, wood, and more. As a purpose-driven company, we aim to contribute positively to the prosperity and well-being of people along our supply chains, the protection and regeneration of our natural resource base, and the fight against climate change.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quality and Nutrition Manager
- The Quality & Nutrition Manager is ensuring compliance to quality norms, policies and procedures of the company with the objective of achieving a quality culture to achieve consistent quality with zero defect in collaboration with all stakeholders by constantly developing, planning and implementing quality systems & processes and training of plant personnel.
- Develop, plan and implement quality systems to meet Food Safety standards in line with GFSI guidelines.
- Ensure food safety requirements including PRPs, audit processes (factory, market, warehouse, etc.), conducting root cause analysis, implementing corrective action plan, review compliance status for all the quality related observations and lead the process of sharing observations with all stakeholders for implementation/closure.
- Knowledgeable about the quality control system used in the animal feed industry (NIR, wet chemistry proximate analysis, process control, and in-market quality).
- Liaising among different departments, e.g. suppliers, managers working with Plant Head to implement the company’s policies and goals seek to challenge their costs and performance to ensure cheap yet quality service.
- Closely interact with other functions including R&D, Manufacturing, Sourcing, etc., and seek their inputs on improvement/ development of Quality Systems and Processes. Setup, maintain and operate lab to meet all requirements of testing of incoming, in-process and finished goods consistently.
- Has a strong knowledge about the nutritional properties and quality specifications of different raw materials and feed additives used in the feed industry.
- Good communication skills, strong analytical and problem solving skills, assertiveness, negotiating capability. Thorough Knowledge of Food Safety systems, GMP, GLP, Auditing, Compliance, Training, Food testing (including sensory), basic regulatory knowledge
- Having a Master’s Degree in Animal or Nutritional Sciences with around 10-15 years of experience in food industry
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply